Hot Topics in Emergency Medicine for Advanced Practice Providers
Enduring Material Claim up to 7 hours of CME
Recordings were produced on October 7th, 2022
-- Organized by: The Emergency Department at the Mount Sinai Health System & Well-Assembled Meetings
Our 2022 Hot Topics in Emergency Medicine for Advanced Practice Providers was a live event on Oct 7 & 8, 2022 which has been converted into an online enduring credit offering. The symposium is focused on providing participants with the most recent, evidence-based information on leading topics in emergency medicine. Presented by leading experts in Emergency Medicine, the format for the lectures are case-based, highlighting the main teaching points, followed by a lively Q&A discussion session.
Last years online symposium was a major success and we listened to your feedback and are also offering the course as on-demand after the symposium has ended. The on-demand sessions will be available for 90 days after the event, and credit can be claimed for each presentation.
Who should attend this symposium?
The conference is designed for Medical professionals working in ambulatory and emergency care settings.
- October 7th recordings & PDF's of lectures are available in our online portal
- Just register to gain access
“I enjoyed the conference very much. It was refreshing to hear cutting edge info from the clinical policies committee and the speakers are well-versed in the literature. It is very relevant to my practice and length of conference is just right. I have recommended it to others and will come again.”
“I expected the ultrasound to be good. It was much better than I expected!”
“I really enjoyed the conference! I hope you will continue to have cutting edge information, respected specialist opinions, LLSA review, and new or reviewed practice guidelines. I hope to be back next year with some of my colleagues!”
“Expectations met and exceeded! At least 7 lectures introduced new material that compelled me to do independent literature. All the new material will be incorporated into our department’s CME for this and next calendar year! You make my life much easier! Thank you.”
“Good informative conference, thanks and see you next year.”
What is this meeting about?
Hot Topics in Emergency Medicine for the Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is designed to update emergency medicine providers on the most high-yield topics, guidelines and core competencies that are needed to ensure quality care. The conference will close gaps that affect practitioners’ ability to provide efficient, cutting-edge care to a diverse range of patients who present to the Emergency Department. As a result of attending this online program attendees will be able to:
- Utilize best practices in managing urgent care and critical pediatric patients, such as febrile seizures and viral exanthems.
- Apply management strategies for acute infections, sedation, and pain regimens.
- Develop appropriate treatment plans to manage critical care patients, such as toxicology and cardiac emergencies and head trauma.
- Optimize management of cardiac emergencies, including low-risk chest pain, hypertension, and decompensated heart failure.
- Enhance approach, management, and skills used in telemedicine, urgent care centers, and observation units.
- Advance the approach and management of a patient in real-time through SIM, bedside ultrasounds, splinting, and airway management.
- Enhance EKG interpretation and various radiologic study reading through real-time instruction.
|Fellows / Residents/ Students||$ 15|
|*Institutional Rate - see details below||$1000|
|**Small Groups - Day 2 Hands on Sessions||$75|
*The Institutional rate is available for any company or facility that would like to make this training opportunity available to everyone. For example for $1000 you can save money if you register 10 RN's. If you have questions - please contact us - we are here to help you market this opportunity to your staff.
**Space for small groups are limited and availability is a first-come, first-serve basis. If a group becomes full, it will be unavailable for registration here. If a group is available for registration, you are guaranteed a spot in it. Order in which groups are assigned may differ from the order in which you registered for them. Unfortunately refunds are not available if you are unable to attend in person.