Hot Topics in Emergency Medicine for Advanced Practice Providers
October 7th & 8th, 2021
Up to 13.75 hours of CME
-- Jointly organized by: The Emergency Department at the Mount Sinai Health System & EB Medicine
Our 2021 Hot Topics in Emergency Medicine for Advanced Practice Providers is an online, interactive 2-day symposium. This online symposium is focused on providing participants with the most recent, evidence-based information on leading topics in emergency medicine. Presented by leading experts in Emergency Medicine, the format for the sessions is case-based, highlighting the main teaching points, followed by a lively Q&A discussion session.
Last years online symposium was a major success and we listened to your feedback and are also offering the course as on-demand after the symposium has ended. The on-demand sessions will be available for 90 days after the event, and credit can be claimed for each presentation.
Who should attend this symposium?
The conference is designed for Medical professionals working in ambulatory and emergency care settings.
October 7 - 8, 2021
All sessions will be streamed live and made available to you as recordings for 90 days.
“I enjoyed the conference very much. It was refreshing to hear cutting edge info from the clinical policies committee and the speakers are well-versed in the literature. It is very relevant to my practice and length of conference is just right. I have recommended it to others and will come again.”
“I expected the ultrasound to be good. It was much better than I expected!”
“I really enjoyed the conference! I hope you will continue to have cutting edge information, respected specialist opinions, LLSA review, and new or reviewed practice guidelines. I hope to be back next year with some of my colleagues!”
“Expectations met and exceeded! At least 7 lectures introduced new material that compelled me to do independent literature. All the new material will be incorporated into our department’s CME for this and next calendar year! You make my life much easier! Thank you.”
“Good informative conference, thanks and see you next year.”
|Fellows / Residents/ Students||$ 15|
|*Large Group Tuition||$1500|
*We offer a group package for hospitals or other institutions that want to provide an online educational portal for their entire staff. This institutional package enables an unlimited number of people with your institutional email address to register and participate for no additional charge.
What is this meeting about?
Hot Topics in Emergency Medicine for the Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is designed to update emergency providers on the most high-yield topics, guidelines and core competencies that are needed to ensure quality care. The conference will close gaps that affect practitioners’ ability to provide efficient, cutting-edge care to a diverse range of patients who present to the Emergency Department. As a result of attending this online program attendees will be able to:
- Utilize best practices in managing physical and social trauma cases, such as head and chest trauma and sex trafficking.
- Apply management strategies for neurologic and toxicologic emergencies, including stroke, novel drugs of abuse, and cannabinoid hyperemesis.
- Develop appropriate treatment plans to manage obstetric and gynecologic emergencies, including precipitous deliveries, first-trimester bleeding, and pre-eclampsia.
- Apply management strategies for infectious disease and critical care emergencies, including STIs, meningoencephalitis, and appendicitis, as well as COPD, alcohol withdrawal, and diabetic emergencies.
- Optimize management of cardiac emergencies, including low-risk chest pain, hypertension, and decompensated heart failure.
- Identify opportunities for career development and leadership, including non-clinical leadership positions, career development within the ED, and integration of the APP profession into a new clinical area in which PA utilization is low.